Walk of a professional model considered as simple to start, yet it is an art of perfection. Although some may assume that walking like a model may seem far out of reach, when it works precisely, it will be much easier to go with perfection by following few steps.
To walk as an attractive and mind-blowing model, you should follow the below steps.
It would help if you pulled your shoulders back and down in a relaxed way.
- The way a person holds their shoulders matters a lot for a perfect walk.
- Since you should make a strong first impression, posture is critical to maintain
- If you intend to emulate the postures of a model, it is essential to avoid being droopy and slumped over.
- It would help if you pulled your shoulders back and down in a relaxed way, and this naturally helps to change how you hold your head up.
Keeping a smooth and natural step
- Model’s walk is famous with the name “catwalk.”
- For a perfect walk, maintaining the walking speed is essential.
- You should neither speed walk as it looks like hasty nor moves too slowly.
- It is significant to find an appropriate and steady pace which suits you and stick with that.
- It would help if you took long strides by placing one foot in front of the other, which gives the hips its seductive swing.
- The other critical part of the stride is footwear.
- Noticing a model commute or stumble in her shoes can be a definite mismatch for the event.
- Although models do not wear heels for all the time, may wear flats and boots once according to the theme and casting.
- Without knowing how to walk in them, the whole atmosphere provided by the attire, height and attitude may disappear; therefore keep on practising until you become confident with it.
Letting your arms hang at your sides and keep the hands relaxed
- No need to swing your arms as much as your body will naturally do, let them hang and turn slightly.
- When you walk down the catwalk, this posture will make you look fresh and composed.
- With your relaxed hands, they can be loosely cupped and slightly open, bearing in the mind that the palms should not ball into fists which will make you look nervous.
- It would help if you did not hold the fingers together too tightly; leaving a space of 1/4 inch between the fingers is best for a relaxed hand.
- It is vital to keep your eyes focused straight ahead, maintaining the eye contact with something in the sightline or trying to look at an imaginary point straight in the front distance.
The attitude of confidence is the key.
- Confidence is the key to anything, and it is same here for a catwalk as well.
- When you are confident, the walk will automatically become more powerful and elegant, which is what attracts the audience.
- With a commanding presence, others will have their eyes on you making the runaway yours.
- According to the professionals, anyone can walk like a model in the presence of the right attitude.
- The best step is to feel the music by putting your headphones on, listening to the rhythm and step up to the beat accordingly.
Whether if it is actual music or internal beat, do your best; if you fall, you should never give up.