A quick and easy garlic sesame noodle recipe that is light and tasty! Add in vegetables and protein to enhance this oriental dish or keep it simple with a garlic sesame flavoring.
Noodles are a kids favorite and this is as simple as it gets! Making this dish reminds me of this Thai sesame peanut sauce noodles or this garlic mushroom noodles in a sense that they are both family favorites.
Garlic Sesame Noodles
Wow! You would not believe how easy this sesame noodles recipe is to make plus all the flavor that is tossed together. Garlic sesame noodles comes together quickly and as fast as your noodles will cook. Once the pasta has cooked on the stove top according to the directions, the sauce is whisked together. In a matter of minutes a simple yet most delicious sesame noodle recipe is created. Your family will be making this over and over again!
Any day this is a go-to for my boys. It is simple to make, prepares quickly and serves them for lunch or a quick snack to get them by during the day. Making this for dinner is a favorite for our family. I love how quick it is to make on a busy weeknight but also still has that grown up taste. This combination of noodles and garlic sesame sauce is full of flavor that is a WOW factor when eating. Serve this as a side dish, main dish or enjoy during lunch. Add in protein and/or vegetables to enhance and have more of a complete meal to serve for dinner time.
It is simple to make and once you have these ingredients on hand, making this sesame noodle dish just got even easier. Soon you will have this recipe memorized!
- Spaghetti Noodles: Cook noodles according to the package directions.
- Soy Sauce: Low sodium soy sauce is what I prefer and still has the great flavor of soy sauce original.
- Rice Vinegar: Adds a sweet and tangy flavoring to the sauce.
- Sesame Oil: This adds that authentic oriental flavoring that everyone loves so much!
- Ginger: Fresh, minced or ground ginger works to make this even easier.
- Brown Sugar: A little sweetness I love to throw in when making sauces.
- Garlic Cloves: Minced and added right into the sauce.
- Sesame Seeds: These are used as a garnish that adds in a soft crunch when served.
How to Make an Easy Noodle Dish:
Cooking pasta takes about 8 to 10 minutes to prepare. While the noodles are cooking I like to start making the garlic sesame sauce. During this time I occasionally stir the noodles while whisking the sauce together. It comes together quickly and can be served in a matter of minutes.
- Cook pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain.
- Whisk together sauce: In a small bowl whisk soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar and garlic.
- Combine: Pour over hot noodles and toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Variations Make it More Fun:
Add in all your favorite proteins, vegetables and even modify the garlic sesame sauce to your liking! This easy garlic sesame noodles recipe can be simple to adding in all your favorites making this a complete meal. Have fun adding to your noodles!
- Protein: Have left over chicken, beef, pork or shrimp to add in or quickly make while the pasta is being cooked is a great way to add more filling. Tofu also works well too if you are looking for another textured protein.
- Vegetables: Colorful vegetables are delicious and add in a crunchy texture.
- Bell Peppers
- Noodles: Pick your favorite long noodle to cook. I prefer longer type noodles to soak up the sauce as well as let it fall throughout the dish.
- Greens: Spinach, kale or even bok choy is a great add in for a vegetarian style noodles dish.
- Nuts: Peanuts are a favorite chopped or even adding in a tablespoon of peanut butter for added flavoring.
- Spicy: Add in some sriracha, red pepper flakes or chili sauce for an extra kick of heat.
Here are More Chinese Favorites:
- Skinny Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken
- Best Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Moo Goo gai Pan
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken Recipe
Easy Garlic Sesame Noodles
Stove Top Pot
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- sesame seeds for garnish
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain. In a small bowl whisk soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar and garlic.
Pour over hot noodles and toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds.